Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Updates on My Parents - May 11th, 2016


Here are my updates from today, May 11th, 2016.


8 mins ·

Sorry for such a late update. I've been on the phone, it seems, all day handling some business. First, I want to say WOW.. just WOW. I am so humbled, in every sense of the word, by our friends and family, and our community, who have supported us, prayed for us, and contributed to us. I'm an independent person and this has all been a lesson for me. Sometimes we need help, and it's okay to accept it. Thank you all for your love! My heart is in awe of it.


Now, for the update. Mom had an MRI on her back today. It was mainly just to make sure nothing was needed, operation-wise, for her fracture(s). I'm not yet sure on the results, but I'm optimistic and so are the doctors. Mom has been up and we've had several visitors. I can see such an improvement and encouragement when people are with her. Keep praying for her. We are hoping to get her out of ICU tomorrow; she's on a waiting list. Tonight they have her sleeping - which, if you know my mom, you know she doesn't sleep, so it's much needed.


Dad had a skin graft today, and is doing remarkably well. He is using his left hand minimally, but I can already tell it won't be long till he's using his arm moderately. He's doing really well and is pretty much his good ole self just in a bed.


Tonight Ali and I got the possessions that were in the hospital's security station and went through them. I'll spare you the details, but them being alive is even more incredible after seeing their clothes and some of the things they had with them. God is so good!


Please keep praying. We still have a long way to go, and heard that it may be about a month before we are able to move to a closer rehab facility. Thank you everyone.. sincerely, our family is so humbled.



11 hrs ·

People have been asking, and here it is; mom and dad's address for cards. Please share.

Jeff and Marcy Cherry
C/o Mission Hospital
509 Biltmore Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801



13 hrs ·

If all of life was easy God wouldn't have the opportunity to be glorified in times of trial.


Good morning. I stayed with Mom last night and John Heldreth stayed with Dad. Mom was kind of restless, but not too bad. She's just worried about everything and everybody. Dad did pretty well from what I hear. He looks a lot better. Mom has an MRI on her back today around noon to check a fracture or two, but they're not anything major compared to everything else. They are thinking they may just let it heal and give her a brace. Dad has surgery at about the same time. They will either see his arm up or do a skin graft from where the Dr. left it open to accommodate swelling. Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment