Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Updates on My Parents - May 8th, 2016

I posted these updates on May 8th, via Facebook, about my parents.


May 8 at 10:20pm ·

Well... I am thankful to God that I was able to worship Him today, that I still had Mom to spend Mother's Day with, and that my mother (and us) still has her husband.

Today Dad got moved to a different room, a less "severe" room. The nurses have been SO incredible and they pushed Dad's bed into her room to see her, so we had a family Mother's Day smile emoticon

Dad is awake and eating and doing alright aside from quite a bit of pain. Mom is still sedated, but has been responsive. Both go into surgery tomorrow early; Dad first, then Mom. They expect them to improve dramatically after surgery; including Mom being able to be more awake. The surgeries will be focused on fixing some breaks in their legs and arms. Neurologically and internally they are both sound and doing great.


I ask that you please refer to the family's posts before telling anything. I know it's hard not to talk because it's on everyone's minds, but out of respect for our family, please keep it to what you know and nip what you don't. We are so thankful and overwhelmed by everyone's love and care- the calls and messages - the cards already - everything.. we are amazed by how much support everyone has given us. God has blessed us! Please keep praying! God is incredible.



May 8 at 7:24am ·

There is a Balm much greater than physical ailment, but a Balm in Gilead, the Christ. The one who overcomes the world!


Good morning and happy Mother's Day. Mom and dad did great overnight. Mom's more alert and dad is doing about the same (really well). Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment