Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Updates on My Parents - May 17th, 2016

Updates from May 17th:


3 hrs · 

Today has been good. After I posted about Dad's joke this morning, I was in Mom's room and sat on the end of the bed where her amputation is. "Ow! You're on my foot!" I jumped up panicked and she just started laughing. Needless to say, they are counting their blessings and taking it well. Mom and Dad got to spend most of the day together. The real story today though is Mom's progress. Today she has managed to brush her teeth standing up, walked out to the hall and back, got a 30 minute pass to wheel around the hospital (which she used for, you guessed it, the gift shop! Lol), and she started moving her knee about 45°. Mom and Dad are continuing to improve. God is so, so, so good. I'm going to try, when things slow down, to write some stuff about the situation and not just updates. If you struggle to see God in all of this, I assure you those writings will make his love dramatically clear! Keep up the prayers. We pray in thankfulness for your prayers. God bless you!



15 hrs · 

God's grace isn't an excuse to sin, but is a tool against the adversary.


Dad had a restless night, but he seems to be doing well this morning. At least his humor is: "Is it raining hard? If not, I may still go for a jog this morning." I went to go check on Mom and she was already out and being wheeled down to Dad's room. Looks like it'll be a good day. Keep up the prayers smile emoticon God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment